How to create a UTM
Created on 9 February, 2023 • SEO • 382 views • 1 minutes read
UTMs are a valuable tool for online marketers looking to track the performance of their campaigns. By creating and monitoring UT
A UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) is a tag that is added to the end of a URL, allowing marketers to track the performance of their online campaigns. UTMs are used to identify the source, medium, and content of online traffic and provide valuable insights into which campaigns are driving the most conversions and sales.
Here's how to create and track a UTM:
- Determine the information you want to track: Start by deciding what information you want to track, such as the source (e.g., Google, Facebook), medium (e.g., social, email), and content (e.g., specific ad, landing page).
- Create a base URL: Start by creating a base URL for the page you want to promote. This is the base URL that will be modified with UTM parameters.
- Add UTM parameters: Using the information you have determined in step 1, add UTM parameters to the end of the base URL. UTMs consist of five different parameters: "utm_source," "utm_medium," "utm_campaign," "utm_term," and "utm_content."
- Use a UTM builder: Many UTM builders are available online to help you create UTMs quickly and easily. But, of course, we offer a UTM builder as well. Enter the information you want to track, and the builder will generate the complete UTM.
- Use the UTM in your campaigns: Use the UTM in your online campaigns, such as social media posts, email campaigns, and ads.
- Track performance: Use Google Analytics to track the performance of your campaigns. You can see how many clicks each UTM receives and how those clicks convert into sales and other conversions.
In conclusion, UTMs are a valuable tool for online marketers looking to track the performance of their campaigns. By creating and monitoring UTMs, you can gain valuable insights into which campaigns drive the most traffic and conversions and make data-driven decisions to improve your marketing efforts.